Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Pacific Island Forestry Committee
- Henry Capelle is the new acting state forester for the Republic of Marshall Islands, replacing Karness Kusto.
- The Pacific Island Forestry Committee will be meeting in Hilo, HI at the Institute of Pacific Islands Forestry on October 25-27, 2016.
Communities at Risk Report
- The National Association of State Foresters (NASF) surveys all states to determine progress in identifying U.S. communities at risk and developing Community Wildfire Protection Plans. This report helps provide a national snapshot of wildland fire risk, preparedness and capacity. The FY 2015 data were collected through the USDA Forest Service's National Fire Plan Operations & Reporting System, and reflects data accomplishments through September 30, 2015. View the report.
U.S. Forest Service Names New Director To Oversee National Fire and Aviation Management Program
- Shawna Legarza, who has earned more than 25 years of wildland fire management experience, has been tapped to serve as the National Director of Fire and Aviation Management for the U.S. Forest Service, Chief Tom Tidwell announced on June 17.
Western State Fire Managers
- Anthony Schultz is now the Wyoming Fire Manager with Ryan Melin filling his role as the new North Dakota Fire Manager. View the complete WSFM directory.